Monday, August 02, 2004

Why Pups for Prostate Cancer Sufferers?

I am a prostate cancer survivor, having fought the disease with an amazing outcome. I am also dog lover. And I am 100% convinced that -- as many esteemed health pros now profess -- a close and loving relationship with my pet was as responsible as anything for this outcome.

I have another Web site -- MansGland.com -- that is experimenting with funny pictures as a way to alert men under 40 to the prostate and its health for their later life. It's a serious mission, with a light touch.

This site is more personal, casual and, admittedly, over-the-top about my now two dogs and what they mean to my family & me when it comes to our continued good health.

If you have cancer, I encourage you to open yourself to any and all approaches -- traditional, spirtual, alternative, etc. -- that may help your outcome. Even if they don't, making the effort is important. Seeking these different paths, rather than putting your outcome in the hands of others, like one doctor, will keep you focused on the battle. And finding any excuse to smile or laugh is critical too.

But, since this is a personal journal, here is my plea to you: If you have a dog, spend as much time and get as close as you can to it. If you do not, get one as soon as possible and make certain that it bonds to you as 'your dog'.

Woof Woof
Kim Garretson

1 Comments:

Blogger Editor said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a canadian cancer society site. It pretty much covers Cancer related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home